BIG VOICE GOES TO WASHINGTON D.C.
The month of March is Music Education Month, and we’re thrilled to announce that BIG VOICE will be featured at an event in Washington, DC on March 15 – THE POWER OF ARTS EDUCATION TO TRANSFORM LIVES.
Following a screening of the film, we’ll be hosting a panel discussion with leading arts advocates to discuss the many ways we can support vital arts education programs in our nation’s public schools.
THE POWER OF ARTS EDUCATION TO TRANSFORM LIVES
Please join us for a special evening with a panel discussion following a presentation of the award-winning music documentary BIG VOICE. The discussion will delve into the question,”what are the steps necessary to create and maintain powerful and successful arts programs in our schools?”
- MARCH 15, 2016. 8PM-10PM WASHINGTON D.C.
- LOCATION provided upon RSVP.
RSVP required @ thepowerofartseducation.eventbrite.com
- Catherine Dehoney – President/CEO Chorus America
- Brandon Gryde – Director Of Government Affairs, Dance USA And Opera America
- Ronny Lau – Legislative Policy Advisor, National Association for Music Education
- Deb Love – Board Member, Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation
- Emma Pettit – Program Director, Sustained Dialogue Campus Network, Former Choir Student
- Jeff Poulin – Arts Education Program Manager, Americans For The Arts
- Nancy Jo Snider – Director, Music Program, American University, Washington, DC
BIG VOICE, an award winning music documentary that follows a determined choir teacher over the course of a year, shines a light on the powerful connection between a community that cares about the arts, and a committed teacher making difference in his student s’ lives.
We need your help to spread the word about this exciting event to your friends, family and colleagues in Washington, DC. You can use the eventbrite link in the invitation above, or this link on our BIG VOICE website.
In addition to this special evening, BIG VOICE will also be screened at film festivals across the country and beyond.
- Mostra of American Films, Sao Paulo, Brazil April 6, Closing Night
- Sonoma International Film Festival, April 1, time TBD, Le Tigre (SIFF Village) and April 3, 2:30pm, Andrews/SCC
- Queens World Film Festival, March 20, 4pm, PS 69 Jackson Heights
- Fargo Film Festival, March 19, 3:40pm, Theater #2
- Las Cruces International Film Festival, March 4, 10am, Cineport 10, Theater 3 16th
Thank you for your continued support – stay tuned for our next update coming soon!
With much appreciation,
The BIG VOICE Team
BIG VOICE TEAM: Marina Viscun, Deb Love, Varda Bar-Kar, Bob McFalls & Executive Producers Carol Coote & John Beug (not pictured)